Guess who made a sneaky Lush purchase online and then got super excited when it finally arrived after stalking the postman for about a week…….If you guessed me then you would be absolutely correct! *smiles excitedly bc new smellies & Lush goodness*
After quite a while browsing their huge range, I picked out 4 products that I thought I would really like and so far I’m not disappointed! I got a “Unicorn Horn” which is from their Valentine’s Day collection, a “Dragon’s Egg” bath bomb, their “Celestial facial” moisturiser and also “Tangled” which is a hot oil hair treatment specifically for knotted, frizzy hair which admittedly I have been struggling with lately.
Unicorn Horn (£4.25) – As you can see from the picture this is a very colourful one, attractive to the eyes but also to the nose with its sweet lavender smell. According to the website this bubble bar has Neroli oil in it which is known to increase serotonin levels in the brain leaving us feeling much more relaxed and cheery after a long soak 🙂
Dragon’s Egg (£3.50) – Being honest, I picked this bath bomb purely because of the name. It sounded pretty awesome and after using it today I can say I loved it! It has quite a sweet lemon-y smell which reminded me of those hard boiled lemon sweets you can get and was pleasantly surprised to find out that this somewhat bland looking bath bomb had an orange centre, much like a real egg, leaving my bath a golden orange colour with lots of bubbles!
Tangled (£6.50) – I really can’t wait to try this one out. This product stood out to me when browsing online because I have very tangled hair at the moment and I just can’t seem to get rid of it! I can imagine it will be hard to get this oil out of my hair afterwards but I am excited to try it.
Celestial (£12.95) – Pictured below is my favourite of the products I bought, the Celestial moisturiser. It smells heavenly and feels so smooth and silky on my face without being oily. I love it!
I hope you have enjoyed this little Lush post as much as I have enjoyed receiving these products! What would you personally recommend from their collection? Let me know what you think 🙂
SUNDAY: I woke up to some lovely comments on my posts from my followers. It really brightened my day. I love you all! ❤
MONDAY: Had lunch with my mom in town – some quality time was well needed.
TUESDAY: I won a little instagram competition for my posts about @missfitskinnytea. You could say very excited about this.
WEDNESDAY: Got my brothers ready for school and they both hugged me really tightly before leaving. My neighbour brought more baked goods!
THURSDAY: My tea came in the post!
FRIDAY: I reached 100 followers on this blog!
SATURDAY: I am currently babysitting 2 of my cousins and having a Disney movie night with them 🙂
What made you smile this week?
(I may be a slight bit late with this post since it’s the 9th of January now, but better late than never since I’m only deciding on resolutions now!)
Every year most of us try to make resolutions that we will stick to. Whether we do so or not, that’s another story. But never the less, the intention is there. I myself, have never been good with sticking to them, but this year I will try again. 2016 is a year I am really looking forward to. I’m going into semester 2 of my first year in university, I’m surrounded by friends and family, I have lots of concerts and trips planned already and I’m visiting my very best friend in the whole world in March (she moved to England a few years ago). Overall I have a feeling that this is going to be a good year, but of course it is up to myself to make sure it is. I quite enjoy new years I have to say, in the same way that I enjoy new weeks or new days. Each of these to me is a new beginning, another chance to wake up clear headed and face the world. So here are my new year resolutions:
- Be healthier, fitter & stronger // Detox my body
- Continue blogging, improving & learning more about it
- Read more books & keep a record of the books I read (at least 2 books every month)
- Spend more time with friends & family
- Plan lots of trips & adventures (So far this year I’m going to 4 concerts, 2 shows, London and Prague!! I’m very excited for 2016)
- Work on my mental health
- Start saving a small amount of money, every week that I can only spend on what I see fit to in the next new year – 2017
I could probably make more resolutions than this, but I’m gonna stop for now. I might actually do a monthly update on these resolutions to help with keeping them. Let me know if we have any of the same resolutions or if there’s any big ones you’re really focusing on yourself this year. Thank you for reading!
It’s crazy to think that this is my fourth week of noting all the little everyday things that make me smile. It really does make a difference. It’s almost ironic coming from me, but when you look back you realise that things are a lot better than they seem if you appreciate those little things.
MONDAY: Spent the day relaxing and watching Doctor Who!
TUESDAY: My neighbour came to visit with a plate of chocolate biscuit cake and apple pie. She’s very sweet.
WEDNESDAY: I went to see Mary Poppins in the Bord Gais Energy Theatre with my Mom. It was a truly magical performance which had me smiling from start to finish 🙂
THURSDAY: The hotel I stayed in (The Ballsbridge Hotel) with my Mom had a pancake machine!? I am in love. I must go back.
FRIDAY: Colouring date with James & got to see most of my family as it was my brother’s birthday. I hadn’t seen some of my aunts and uncles in a while so it was nice to catch up.
SATURDAY: Just going to chill for the day. No stress.
SUNDAY: Spent the day relaxing with one of my bestest friends for the first time in months.
MONDAY: Met Jem in town & got all my Christmas shopping for my Mom done today at last!
TUESDAY: I went to see the new Star Wars movie which I loved (BB-8 was definitely my favourite) and then went out for a few Christmas drinks with my friends. I had a little too much to drink but they took care of me which makes me smile.
WEDNESDAY: 6am Christmas tesco trip with my mom with a slight hangover? I think so. Also Jem came over = doctor who, lots of food , cuddles & smiles of course.
THURSDAY: It’s Christmas Eve, which equals LOTS of quality time with the family.
FRIDAY: IT’S CHRISTMAS DAY! 3:30 am start with my bros? I personally don’t think there’s a better morning for it. My mom was delighted with the presents I bought her (especially the coffee machine) so I’m happy that she’s happy.
SATURDAY: With Christmas day over for another year we are spending the whole day relaxing by the fire in our pjs and will watch movies later this evening (if the electricity is back). Since the electricity went for a while my brothers and I took out our new colouring books and coloured together. This is definitely my favourite time of the year.
Another day, another post of what made me smile this week. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmassy week too. Let me know what made you smile this week, big or small, it all counts. A big thank you to all of my followers who read my posts and leave feedback and lovely comments. You guys are amazing and make me smile all the time.
With less than one week until Christmas Eve, excitement is bubbling inside of children all over the world as they try their very best to remain on Santa’s good list in the hope of receiving what will be found under the Christmas tree on that morning they have been counting down to for weeks. The school term is coming to an end, they are preparing for their annual Christmas concert, they have written their letters to Santa and have already decided what they will leave out for him and his reindeers of course (cookies and milk, perhaps a carrot too? magic reindeer food? a bottle of beer? a bottle of vodka with water written on it? the possibilities are endless)
As we grow older it’s not quite as exciting unless you’re someone like me who loves Christmas and does a fairly good of getting into the right mood for it. While at 18 years old the big secret is out for me, I have younger brothers who still believe, so I enjoy keeping the magic of Christmas alive. I think it’s my favourite part really, the preparation, the little plans and ideas my mom and I have for my brothers to have the most magic filled Christmas every year. Of course an essential part of this planning and preparation is having a pretty high Christmas spirit level so I’ve put together a few of my top tips that actually reflect how I have increased my Christmas spirit to level 100 (I’m joking, but seriously here’s some tips!) and also a small list of some of the things my mom and I are doing this year.
Tips for increasing your Christmas spirit level:
- Really embrace that Christmas should be a time of giving and not receiving. By focusing on the happiness of others you will in turn bring joy into your own life.
- Listen to Christmas songs, sing along, dance, whatever makes you happy and more excited for this time of year and get the younger ones involved.
- One is never too old to visit Santa with their younger siblings. I have gone every year and even though it’s not the same for me now, I still enjoy watching my brothers’ faces as they meet Santa and talk to him about how they are and what they would like etc. etc. It’s very different to being on the believing side but I still find it just as enjoyable and a good family bonding time.
- Two words: CHRISTMAS MOVIES!! Let me say this once and once only….you need to watch Elmo Saves Christmas (I think it’s called that) It is one of my favourite and most memorable Christmas movies from my childhood.
- Decorate the house. Doesn’t have to be anything excessive but even just a Christmas tree some fake snow, and some window stickers will bring your house to life.
- Above all spend time with your family. I don’t know about anyone else but around this time of year I really enjoy being with my family, especially when helping with the preparations for Christmas or just watching movies together.
Keeping the magic alive:
- My mom has put together a “Family Movie Night” basket from Santa which will have a letter written by himself (or me..shh) explaining the importance of family bonding time to my youngest brothers. So far it includes: some dvds (Inside Out, Pixels, Into the Woods, Big Hero 6, Paper Towns and more), popcorn, crisps and other goodies.
- In the letter included with the “Family Movie Night” basket I am going to put some glitter and fake snow inside the envelope & stuck to the paper and pretend that Santa must have accidentally dropped some of his magic in while he was writing.
- We are going to use some of the fake snow also to leave footprints from our front door to the tree where the presents will be left.
& that is all for now!